Dear Reader,

I am planning to post my progress towards GATE preparation in this blog.I will make notes in this blog as I prepare, which might be useful to fellow students.Feel free to follow my blog and post commeents, suggestions and queries. Syllabus and useful links appear below blogs.Follow my blog to get regular updates about my posts. Go through blog archive(right hand side of blog) to access earlier posts. You can email me to minupradeep@hotmail.com, if you need more preparation material, older question papers etc.

don't miss this post

http://gateprep-architecture.blogspot.in/2013/11/formulals-conversions-and-data-required.html

update: I qualified GATE 2014 with a score of 892 and all india rank 6....

If anyone of you want to contribute to/update the blog, kindly write to my email minupradeep@hotmail.com. I will add your contributions with proper credits

Also, if my blog has helped any of you clear GATE, do let me know, I would like to publish your names, scores, ranks, contact info etc. , so that future aspirants may contact you and be inspired from you

Sunday, October 5, 2014

How to crack GATE

If you prepare smartly, cracking GATE is no big deal. Solve as much question papers as you can. Study portions  based on previous question papers. This worked brilliantly for me. 
Most questions in GATE are very basic. Your understanding of the concepts is what they test. 
I started preparation right after i applied for the exam. Started solving old question papers. The first 2 paper took me two whole months. By the time they were finished, most of the portions were covered. the next set of papers went quickly. I have collected most material from the internet in the blog, and it will save you some time. Keep a note of all formulae and conversions. You don't have to be a math wizard,  just have to know basic math. Try searching for topics on youtube, videos are a quick way to learn
They will mostly ask pritzker prize winning architects. So go through the pritzker prize website. Also go through the tall buildings. Those are some things missed out in the blog. 
You can use some elimination techniques with caution for answers you know partly. Do not attempt answers you do not know at all if there is negative marking. Numerical entry questions do not have negative marking, so try to attempt them all (do conform if rules are changed)
for eg 
Q.43 Match the features in Group I with their architectural periods in Group II
Group I Group II
P. Caryatids               1. Roman
Q. Hypocaust             2. Gothic
R. Pylons                     3. Greek
S. Lofty Pinnacles      4. Egyptian
                                     5. Romanesque
(A) P-1, Q-5, R-4, S-2 (B) P-5, Q-1, R-3, S-2
(C) P-3, Q-2, R-5, S-4 (D) P-3, Q-1, R-4, S-2

I knew that pylons are egyptian, there are 2 options with R4, a and d. 
I was not sure if caryatids are greek P3 or roman P4..., option a has p3 and option d has p4
usually  correct matches appear in more than one option, you can see p3 repeats here, so i went with option d, and it turned out to be correct.  

Good Luck

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I crackd gate 2016..thanks a lot for fulfilling my dream..
    What i did was,acrding to sylbus i refrd to this blogspot on each topic and further refferd related links or simply srchd d topic and wrote it down in a new notebook with intrsting sketches and smileys ;)
    It is so intrsting once u start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy to hear that. If you could send me your GATE rank and score, with your email contact if possible, and any other advices to future aspirants, I will put it up on my blog, so that future aspirants can contact you

      Delete
  8. Grab the deal of books which written by our expert at a very affordable prices. Online books for gate exam from IceGate helps you to crack the exam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For succesfully clearing GATE exam, Selecting the right institute for GATE exam is very important. Check the below link for best GATE institute.

    Register for GATE 2018

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greating....you explain about gate so inspiring guys... i wanna aplication on my future idea...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your post....Thanks for your valuable information, It's really helpful information .. iit jee coaching institutes in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some honest ideas about the Free mock exams share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
    Free mock exams

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://archigateflux.blogspot.in/
    visit this blog to have reading materials for gate architceture (we give daily updates)

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://civilenggforall007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the valuable information, thanks for sharing with everyone.
    GATE COACHING

    ReplyDelete