Dear Reader,

I am planning to post my progress towards GATE preparation in this blog.I will make notes in this blog as I prepare, which might be useful to fellow students.Feel free to follow my blog and post commeents, suggestions and queries. Syllabus and useful links appear below blogs.Follow my blog to get regular updates about my posts. Go through blog archive(right hand side of blog) to access earlier posts. You can email me to minupradeep@hotmail.com, if you need more preparation material, older question papers etc.

don't miss this post

http://gateprep-architecture.blogspot.in/2013/11/formulals-conversions-and-data-required.html

update: I qualified GATE 2014 with a score of 892 and all india rank 6....

If anyone of you want to contribute to/update the blog, kindly write to my email minupradeep@hotmail.com. I will add your contributions with proper credits

Also, if my blog has helped any of you clear GATE, do let me know, I would like to publish your names, scores, ranks, contact info etc. , so that future aspirants may contact you and be inspired from you

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Books and Authors

Amos Rapoport     On the Cultural origin of Settlements

Andreas Falludi         Planning Theory

Arthur B Gallion        The Urban Pattern

Ayn Rand                The Fountainhead

Christopher Alexander  A Pattern language:Towns, Buildings and Construction
                                    The Timeless way of Building
                                    A New Theory of Urban Design
                                    The Nature of Order

Ebenezer Howard   Garden Cities of tomorrow

Edmund Bawn       Design of Cities

E. F. Schumacher  Small is beautiful (human scale)

Francis D K Ching  Form, Space and Order

Ian McHarg             Design with Nature pioneered concept of ecological planning

Jane Jacob              The death and life of great American cities

Kevin Lynch            The Image of a City
                               What time is this Place?
                               Site Planning
                               Good City Form
                               The view from the Road
                               City Sense an City design

Leo Jacobson & Ved Prakash    Urbanization and National Development

Paul D Spreiregen   Urban Design: Architecture of Towns an Cities

Sigfried Giedion     Space, Time and Architecture











                       

7 comments:

  1. Hi Minu,
    Congratulation on your success in GATE and cracking IISc :)
    I have posted your success story here
    If you want to improve upon it, or share something more, plz let me know :)
    I would be glad if you could share your real name. If you want to remain anonymous thats cool too :D
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great readers’ base already! You can also check ICE GATE INSTITUTE for Ahmedabad GATE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mam for all the study materials you mention here.... Wanna ask you something about how much at least we study in a day to secure a good rank in gate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post....Thanks for your valuable information, It's really helpful information .. iit jee coaching classes in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://civilenggforall007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete