Dear Reader,

I am planning to post my progress towards GATE preparation in this blog.I will make notes in this blog as I prepare, which might be useful to fellow students.Feel free to follow my blog and post commeents, suggestions and queries. Syllabus and useful links appear below blogs.Follow my blog to get regular updates about my posts. Go through blog archive(right hand side of blog) to access earlier posts. You can email me to minupradeep@hotmail.com, if you need more preparation material, older question papers etc.

don't miss this post

http://gateprep-architecture.blogspot.in/2013/11/formulals-conversions-and-data-required.html

update: I qualified GATE 2014 with a score of 892 and all india rank 6....

If anyone of you want to contribute to/update the blog, kindly write to my email minupradeep@hotmail.com. I will add your contributions with proper credits

Also, if my blog has helped any of you clear GATE, do let me know, I would like to publish your names, scores, ranks, contact info etc. , so that future aspirants may contact you and be inspired from you

Monday, November 4, 2013

Indian Architecture

Khajuraho Style
1.Griha-house
2.Grama-village
3.Palli- settlement of wild tribes
4.kheta- a place fortified by a mud wall or by a river or hill surrounding it
khetaka- hamlet
5.kharvata- market town, a poor town surrounded by a low wall, while according to kautilya-centre of union of 200 villages
6.dronamukha- a town with a harbour like ...centre of union of 400 villages
durga- citadel
7.pattana,pura- a large town or centre of trade/a mart for precious metals or a mining centre
8.matamba- open town associated with a cluster of 10,000 villages/fortified place in which produce from the field was deposited for safe custody
9.nagara- a town exempted from paying any of the 18 taxes levied on a village
10.rajadhani-capital
shakanagara- suburb
11.nigama-settlement of merchants
agraharam- brahmin quarter of village
12.samvatta-kotta- a fortified place or refuge

Ancient Indian Settlements

http://www.slideshare.net/ctlachu/ancient-system-of-town-planning-in-india

No comments:

Post a Comment